Friday, April 23, 2010

RxTx32

Bandwidth measurement freeware tool. Small and simple. I have tried many other freeware for same purpose, but was not convinced the measurement shown was accurate. This tool does not need installation. You can download RxTx32.zip file from Internet, unzip and execute RxTx32.exe.

For modifying settings, right click on the graph window. It will open a window. Select ‘Options’ to change graphical display settings and graph update period. You can also get the data on total MB downloaded from the start of the tool.

Note: I am looking for a freeware that can give bandwidth measurement per program / process. I have not succeeded to find one. For example, sometimes I see that when I am not actively browsing on my computer, I still see my modem lights blinking. I go to netstat to find all active connections. I can know which programs are accessing the net, but I would like to know which application is using how much bandwidth. Especially software like Adobe or Microsoft OS, the patches and updates get downloaded automatically and utilizing bandwidth. I would like to kill or postpone them to another hour, so that it does not affect bandwidth. If any of you know of such software, please drop a comment in my blog.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment