Friday, April 23, 2010

Folder Guide

Microsoft Windows creates ‘My Documents’ folder for each user and sub-folders like ‘My Pictures’, ‘My Templates’, etc. Usually users might have different directory to store files, which necessarily not be under ‘My Documents’. For operations such as ‘Open’ a folder and ‘Save As’, users needs to navigate to sub-folder deep inside.

For example, my frequently accessed directory could be:

D:\JANARDAN\DOWNLOADS\TORRENTS\BOOKS\

You can see that every time I need to access my sub-folder BOOKS, I need to navigate in GUI from D:, then JANARDAN, then DOWNLOADS, then TORRENTS, then BOOKS.

Instead with Folder Guide, you can right click in Windows Explorer the sub-folder BOOKs and ‘Add to Folder Guide’. Folder Guide software helps you to make ‘BOOKS’ folder available quickly either right clicking on Desktop or right click in ‘Save As’ window to select ‘BOOKS’ folder.

Very useful and convenient software. I recommend users to try it.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment