Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tata Photon+ - High Speed Internet (EV-DO)

I purchased recently the Tata Photon+ High Speed Internet broadband Device. The product vendor is Huawei and service provider is Tata Tele Services. The device cost now is around Rs.2,499/- They have various plans based on time limit and download limit.

Speeds:
  • At home I get signal strength (93% - 99%). The speeds I am getting are 300 kbps to 1200 kbps download. I was able to download  105 MB of puppy linux in around 20 minutes. Average download speed would have been around 660 kbps.
  • Overall browsing speed and experience is great.
  • Since the device is USB based, the power problems at home are isolated with this device. Normally external broadband modems will need power.
Cons:
  • I have tried the Photon TV trial offer of watching TV using Photon+ device. I would rate the experience as poor. Though the device is theoretically capable of 3.2 Mbps download, I still experience buffering problem like my broadband.
  • Watching YouTube. There is some weird problem with this device. I use Opera for browsing. When I visit YouTube to experience high-speed, I see serious problems. The video does not play at all. This may be specific to my setup and may not be device problem. But I will check again and update this blog. If anyone else faced the problem, please comment.
  • I use broadband for voice over IP calls connecting to office network. There is a real serious problem here. When I am in conference call, I can hear other talk very clear. But when I speak they hear my voice breaking. This has been the case last one week. As a technology EV-DO has higher download rate than upload. But it is hard for me to understand that uplink is not even capable of taking voice clearly. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi,


    Sorry for the trouble.

    Can V help U sort out the problem? Mail us Ur details at customer.care@tatatel.co.in

    Thanks you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been mailing you and Nodal officer, there is no response. I have been sending reminders. Initial one week I got calls from customer care. The technical guy came home. Tata Indicom technical team does not know the different between kilo-bytes per second (KBps) and kilo-bits per second. So silly. During peak hours (like evening or late night), the browsing speed is reduced to dialup speed. I get 90 kbps to 130 kbps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally I got my refund amount. Got rid of troublesome connection.

    ReplyDelete